Bird plays an important role in nature. There are uncountable types of birds in this nature. Today we are here to discuss some types of birds. We will discuss some of their fun facts.
The red-winged blackbird is also a type of birds.it is very adorable with shiny black color and yellow-red shoulder badge. This bird loves to seek attention and will do every possible thing to get others’ attention. This bird has a broad shoulder and a medium-sized tail. They eat invertebrates like spiders, worms, and insects.
Red-winged blackbird Facts
Some amazing facts regarding the red-winged blackbird are:
- The length of a red-winged blackbird is between 6.7 to 9.1 inches
- They weigh from 1.1 to 2.7 oz
- They have a lifespan of 2.14 years.
- Their wingspan is between 12.2 to 15.8 inches
- According to an old record, a red-winged blackbird lived for 15 years and 9 months
This beautiful bird is a member of the family of the dove. The mourning dove is also known as a rain dove. They have grey and light brown in color. There is no difference in the appearance of a male of a female mourning dove. The mourning dove does not like to eat insects, they are seed eaters.
Mourning Dove Facts
- They are 120 to 127 grams in weight.
- The mourning bird lives for 5 to 10 years.
- They are 22 to 36 cm in length
- The length of a mourning dove’s egg is 2.6 to 3 cm
- The wingspan of a mourning dove is 15 to 18 inches.
Talking about American robin, they are fond of singing. Yes! They are singing birds. They have a giant, ball-shaped body with long legs. Their tail is long and adorable. They have a grey and brown in color. Under the tail and lower belly, you will find a slight white patch on the American robins. You can find them in gardens, yards, fields, forests, shrublands and pine forests.
Facts about American Robins
- The American robin lives for a year and a month (13 months)
- Their weight is 77 grams
- Length is 23 to 28 cm
- Their egg length is 1.1 to 1.2 inches
- The length of American robin’s wing is 31 to 41 cm.
Mallard is another Type of birds
A mallard is a breed of duck. They eat insects like mollusks, seeds, grains, corn, wheat, barley, grains. They have medium sizes as compared to ducks. They have rounded heads. The male mallard has a deep green head and yellow colored bills A female mallard has orange and brown colored bills.
Facts about Mallards
- Their weight is 1000 to 1300 grams
- Their length is 50 to 65 centimeters
- Their wingspan is 82 to 95 centimeters
- Their lifespan is 5 to 10 years
- They are from the Animalia kingdom
The Agapornis is another name for the love bird. It is a tiny parrot genus. They make wonderful pets. They cannot be trained easily. You need to give them time and affection to tame them. They talk and whistle if they are tamed properly. Can not live on a seed like other birds, they have got a proper diet. They eat fresh fruits, veggies, boiled eggs, cereals, rice, lentils, pasta, and grains. Their diet is mostly like humans.
Facts about lovebird
- A love bird is 15 cm in length
- A love bird weighs 55 grams
- Their wingspan is 24 cm
- They are very loving and calm by nature
- They live for 10 to 15 years
Flamingo is also a type of birds
Flamingo is the type of wading bird and belongs to the family of Bonaparte. They stay in flocks and creates a lot of noise. As they are wading birds, they drink water to live. They eat brine shrimps, diatoms, aquatic plants, and algae. They can swim deeper as compared to many other birds because they have long legs. Where they can swim, they do not have the ability to fly. They are very large birds. They are very sleepy birds.
Facts about Flamingos
- The flamingo weighs 2.3 kg
- A flamingo is 43 to 59 inches in length
- A flamingo lives for 40 years.
- They rest their heads on the back while they are sleeping
- They spend most of their time eating and bathing or sleeping
Birds play a key role in our life. They are an important section of our ecosystem and food web. They are natural pest controllers from our gardens and other areas. There are many bird breeds. We hope you got what you need from here. We tried to provide you the bird information of these breeds.