Bird plays an important role in nature. There is the uncountable type of birds in this nature. Some are very common like Flamingo, Lovebird and Mallard. Every Bird lays eggs. Do you know about Birds information and the fact of birds? Well, we are to tell you the best bird breeds and their lifespan, age and size.
Type of Birds
- Red-winged blackbird
- Mourning Dove
- American Robin
The red-winged blackbird is very adorable with shiny black colour and yellow-red shoulder badge. This bird loves to seek attention and will do every possible thing to get others attention. This bird has a broad shoulder and a medium size tail. They eat invertebrates like spiders, worms, and insects.
Red-winged Blackbird Facts
- The length of a red-winged blackbird is between 6.7 to 9.1 inches
- They weigh from 1.1 to 2.7 ounce
- They have a lifespan of 2.14 years.
- Their wingspan is between 12.2 to 15.8 inches
- According to an old record, a red-winged blackbird lived for 15 years and 9 months
This beautiful bird is a member of the family of the dove. The mourning dove is also known as a rain dove. They have grey and light brown in colour. There is no difference in the appearance of a male of a female mourning dove. The mourning dove does not like to eat insects, they are seed eaters.
Mourning Dove Facts
- They are 120 to 127 grams in weight.
- The mourning bird lives for 5 to 10 years.
- They are 22 to 36 cm in length
- Length of a mourning dove’s egg is 2.6 to 3 cm
- The wingspan of a mourning dove is 15 to 18 inches.
Talking about American robin, they are the fond of singing. Yes! They are singing birds. They have a giant, ball-shaped body with long legs. Their tail is long and adorable. They have grey and brown colour. Under the tail and lower belly, you will find a slight white patch on the American robins. You can find them in gardens, yards, fields, forests, and pine forests.
Facts about American Robins
- American robin lives for a year and a month (13 months)
- Their weight is 77 grams
- Their length is 23 to 28 cm
- American robin egg length is 1.1 to 1.2 inches
- The length of American robin’s wing is 31 to 41 cm.
A mallard is a breed of duck. They eat insects like molluscs, seeds, grains, corn, wheat, barley, grains. Mallard has medium sizes as compared to ducks. They have rounded heads. The male mallard has a deep green head and yellow coloured bills. A female mallard has orange and brown coloured bills.
Facts about Mallards
- Their weight is 1000 to 1300 grams
- Their length is 50 to 65 centimetres
- Mallard wingspan is 82 to 95 centimetres
- Their lifespan is 5 to 10 years
- They are from the Animalia kingdom
Agapornis is another name for the lovebird. It is a tiny parrot genus. They make wonderful pets. They cannot be trained easily. You need to give them time and affection to tame them. Lovebird cost from 40 to 130 dollars. They talk and whistle if they are tamed properly. They cannot live on a seed like other birds, they have got a proper diet. Lovebird eats fresh fruits, veggies, boiled eggs, cereals, rice, lentils, pasta, and grains. Their diet is mostly like humans.
Facts about Lovebird
- Lovebird is 15 cm in length
- Lovebird weighs 55 grams
- Their wingspan is 24 cm
- They are very loving and calm by nature
- They live for 10 to 15 years
Flamingo is the type of wading bird and belongs to the family of Bonaparte. They stay in flocks and create a lot of noise. As they are wading birds, they drink water to live. They eat brine shrimps, diatoms, aquatic plants, and algae. They can swim deeper as compared to many other birds because they have long legs. Where they can swim, they do not have the ability to fly. They are very large birds. They are very sleepy birds.
Facts about Flamingos
- The flamingo weighs 2.3 kg
- A flamingo is 43 to 59 inches in length
- A flamingo lives for 40 years.
- They rest their heads on the back while they are sleeping
- They spend most of their time eating and bathing or sleeping
Birds play a key role in our life. They are an important section of our ecosystem and food web. They keep the natural system in a balance. Birds are natural pest controllers from our gardens and other areas. There are many bird breeds. We hope you got what you need from here.